Here are some brilliant tips shared by the Japanese as collected by Naver Japan. While some of them are common sense tips, some of them are pretty helpful to a traveller like me.
Choose your carry bag base on the type of holiday.
- If you are staying in the same hotel your entire trip, bring a carry bag along side your suitcase. Remember that a large suitcase won’t fit most lockers at stations.
- Exercise trial and error to get the best position and setup with your backpack. About 10-15kg is a good weight.
- For trips that would require a lot of moving around, consider the quality and make of your suitcase.
Choose your carry bag base on your length of stay.
- For trips that are 2-3 days long, a small-sized bag under 69 litres is ideal.
- For trips under 1 week, a medium-sized suitcase about 70-89 litres capacity is recommended.
- For trips longer than the above, go for light-weight suitcase with many pockets.
Choose your carry bag based on your own size.
- For girls, you want to choose a small-sized bag at about 40 litres. With all your shopping included, a bag at about 60 litres shouldn’t be a problem. Aim for a total weight of about 3-5kg
Choose your bag base on activity.
- For walking an entire day, a rucksack is most suitable. Anything less, a shoulder bag is acceptable.
- It’s easy for rucksacks to be unzip or cut open if worn the normal way. Wearing it in front instead will make it safer during some instances.
- As it’s easy for shoulder bags to be snatched, tuck it under your armpits “like a kimono”.
Some products that you might like.
This accessory helps deter theft, makes for easy identifications and redistributes the weight to help extend the life of your precious suitcase.
Remember to get one with a TSA-approved lock for trips to the States.
Suitcase Belt with Nametag
Not only does it do all of the above, this belt with a cute runway design helps you identify your bag easily.
These “magic” ziplock lets air out but not in, thus lets you compact all your clothes into a nice package.
This used to be an ad, but noone likes ads. So, I decided to remove them completely from my site. I spend hours and hours researching, testing and writing about each product, so it would mean the world to me if you lend me your support by becoming a Patreon. Every dollar helps.
Mini Pouch for Receipts
Not just for your tax refunds, it’s important to keep all your receipts as well. This is a cute one for you to do so.
If you don’t want to dirty the rest of your belongings and you wanna protect your shoes from scuffs, these hand-made ones will do all that and more.
Don’t forget these cute pill case for your vitamins and calorie limit pills.
Luggage Weight Checker
This is for the most frequent of travellers. Something to ensure you don’t go beyond the sneaky airline weight limits.
Originally featured here.